501 E 38th St.
Erie, PA 16546
Mercyhurst University, located on a picturesque hillside crowning the city of Erie, is home to 25 varsity sports teams in NCAA Division I and Division II. More than 3,500 hotel rooms are located within five miles of campus.
As of September 2021, all competition facilities on the Mercyhurst campus have received upgrades through a $9.5 million renovation that began in 2019. Campus facilities include an ice arena, a fieldhouse with hardwood court, and three lighted turf fields lined for football, lacrosse, soccer, field hockey, baseball and softball.
Mercyhurst has hosted several NCAA Regional Championship events on campus, including the 2021 NCAA DII Men's Lacrosse First Round, Quarterfinals and Semifinals.
On-campus facilities include:
William Vorsheck Jr. Athletic Complex:
- Total of three turf fields on site
- Saxon Stadium (new LED lighting and turf field installed in 2019, lined for football, field hockey, lacrosse and soccer) - bleacher seating for 2,300
- Mercyhurst Baseball Field received new turf and scoreboard in 2019. The upgrades also included expanded turf bullpens and new bleacher seating for 1,000 behind home plate.
- Mercyhurst Softball/Soccer Field opened with new turf, lights and scoreboard in 2021.
- The facility features an indoor facility in right field with two indoor hitting cages, four pitching mounds and 40 lockers.
The Mercyhurst Athletic Complex (MAC)
- 12,000 square feet
- Bleacher seating for 1,100 (upgraded in 2021)
- New video scoreboards in 2021
- Hardwood court refinished in 2021
- Home to Men's and Women's Basketball, Women's Volleyball and Wrestling teams
The Mercyhurst Ice Center
- 14,000 square feet
- 8 locker rooms with showers
- Bleacher seating for 1,500 people
- Renovations in 2019 include an improved cooling system, addition of new dasher boards, glass, flooring and seating.